Westcon has a very specific value proposition for manufacturers in the security, mobility, network infrastructure and convergence markets. We see our role as an integral part of your go-to-market strategy. But even more, so we provide specific elements of that strategy in a way that is advantageous to you as the manufacturer, to our customers and even to the end-user.
Our strategic aim is to provide services to our customers that help you achieve four main goals:
1. To recruit resellers to sell your products and solutions
2. To increase the level of penetration of your technology, products and solutions into the chosen and targeted market space
3. To migrate products and solutions to newer offerings to attain the maximum value for you and the reseller
4. To capture new end-user customers through one of the highest value and most productive channels for networking, convergence and security in the market today
|Watch as AVST, Vice President Michael Berlin explains the benefits of being associated with a Distributor like Westcon.|
If you are not already a Partner contact us today! or call 1-800-527-9516 ext. 7747
Manufacturer classification and positioning
To encourage and drive solutions-based behavior in both ours and our customers' environments, we classify our manufacturers in three ways:
- Foundation - A manufacturer partnership that is multi-national and multi year. Our senior executive team meets regularly with the senior executives of the foundation manufacturers to develop plans and strategies for today and for the long term. Foundation partners take advantage of our regional country based sales and support operations as well as our capabilities to execute global programs and logistics. Many of our foundation partnerships are over 10 years old.
- Affinity- these are complementary manufacturers to a foundation manufacturer and in many cases for the critical differentiation and components to a solutions sale. Affinity manufacturers are positioned within the relevant solutions programs directly alongside those manufacturers whose solutions they complement and are marketed directly to our customers who sell these foundation manufacturer-centric solutions. Manufacturers in our portfolio in this category would be IPcelerate, APC, Eaton, Verint, Veramark, RedSky and many others depending on the region.
- Development - these are manufacturer partners with a distinct or specific customer base or market position either in a core or directly adjacent market to Westcon's chosen areas of expertise. Development manufacturers form a vital competitive and innovation engine within their chosen market. Manufacturers in our portfolio in this category would be Juniper, Aruba, Digium and Extreme Networks.